Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Windows


A friend of mine used to think that the people on TV were peeking through her window.
She thought it was odd that they were also peeking through our windows.

Sometimes I feel like I am always on the outside looking into other people’s windows

You can walk down the street and look in store windows.
I used to do display windows in the store where I worked.
I doubt that my windows sold much merchandise. But, it was fun to do.

You can see a lot looking out windows; especially if they are on the top floor.
But if they are too high you might get dizzy. That’s called vertigo.

Sometimes I feel like I am always on the outside looking into other people’s windows.

The eyes are supposed to be the windows of the soul.
What if you don’t think you have one.
What do people see?

My grandfather used to tell me that my brown eyes meant something.
(about what I was full of)
Then I would see his grin reflected in the window.

Sometimes I feel like I am always on the outside looking into other people’s windows

Windows let in light and keep out the cold.
We put candles in the windows at Christmas time.
And decorations so people can see the lights.

Sometimes I feel like I am always on the outside looking into other people’s windows

We open windows to let in fresh air and close them when it rains.
But the smell of rain is the greatest smell there is in the world.
Much better than pig farm.

We peek through windows to see who rang the doorbell or if the mail is here yet.
We peek into windows to see if anyone is home.  Sometimes we see each other.
Of course if there is a curtain on the window no one can see through it.

Sometimes I feel like I am always on the outside looking into other people’s windows.

When you are on the outside it looks warm and cozy inside.
You never know what  may be there.  Happiness or something else?

Sometimes I feel like I am always on the outside looking into other people’s windows.
Hey, how about it. Will you let me in?

Jay Cole Simser. July 24, 2007

Again this was one I wrote when I was working through some problems.  Not great poetry perhaps but it served its purpose.

No comments: