Sunday, April 12, 2009

A Poem A Day

For today's prompt, I want you to take the phrase "So we decided to (blank)" and fill in the blank. Make that your title and write a poem. Some possibilities include "So we decided to plant a tree" or "So we decided to burn a hole in the sky."

So we decided to see Beauty

The day was dark and drear
Not much fun, I fear

We looked out side and saw the rain
“Oh,” he said, what a pain!”

I was hoping for bright skies and a sun that shines
For warm breezes I do pine.

But look at that so cold and damp
It is no fun my style it does cramp

But Father dear, said my little boy
We are together today – I think that is a joy.

You are right my friend I said to him
You fill me with wonder – up to the brim.

Instead of seeing clouds and dark
let us look for a lark

or a robin
a daffodil
a violet shy

a break in the clouds
a bit of blue sky

A bright little beetle
crawling home –
There see it - under the garden Gnome.

The light we find in each other’s eyes
Mrs. Murphey’s golden apple pies

You see there is a lot out there if we just look
About beauty we could write a book,

1 comment:

Nessa said...

Always look on the bright side of life. Very nice.