Sunday, April 19, 2009

Anger

Today's prompt is to write an angry poem. That is, a poem about someone or something that gets angry. Could be a person, animal, or even them there angry clouds. As usual, I'm excited to see which unexpected directions y'all take with this prompt.

I seem to need to be punished
or cast to the outer darkness

No Jesus to “save” me from you
my angry “God”

I tried to be better but something
has you upset with me

I guess I deserve it.
I am such a worthless being
that you must yell and scream and swear at me

I am devastated
but there seems to be no way to make amends
I will never be able to love you again

I guess if you were really God
there would be no need to try

Anger begets anger
Whatever I did you have done worse
So now I am angry with you!

Who will save us from each other?

1 comment:

Nessa said...

Wow, that was really interesting. Angry despair?