Monday, April 6, 2009


For today's poem, I want you to write a poem about something missing. It can be about an actual physical object or something you just can't put your finger on (like "love" or "the spirit of Christmas" or something).


Where are they?
I've looked high
I've even looked low.

They must be around here someplace
Probably right in front of my face!

They have to be here!
On the shelf
Under the rug

Where can they be?
Are they hiding from me?

Perhaps I need help
I'll call my physic
She'll know where to look

I know I will find them - I need them, I do.
This is making me sad and blue.

I am growly and mean
Not in the drawer -
Nowhere to be seen

There is just one more place to search
Since they are not under the canary's perch

Ah - there they are
Now I'm ready to go!

For more on A Poem A Day go to Poetic Asides.

1 comment:

Nessa said...

They are always in the last place you look. Lots of fun. Good to see you getting into it.