Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Playing "Catch Up"

April 3

Today's prompt: Take the phrase "The problem with (blank)" and replace the "(blank)" with a word or phrase. Make this the title of your poem and then write a poem to fit with or juxtapose against that title. For instance, you could have poems with the titles of "The problem with government," "The problem with advanced mathematics," or "The problem with bipolar penguins." You know the drill: have fun, be creative. (You're all already doing such an amazing job that Tammy and I are trying to figure out logistical ways of getting the poems down to 5-a-day for the guest judges. Keep it up!)y.

The problem with poetry is that nobody reads it
I do but then I am weird.
If I write a poem a few of my friends read it but most people tell me
"I don’t like poetry."

Well they should --
Poetry is love,
emotion,
humor,
fun
tragedy
stories of life

Poetry tells it like it is
Opens up the universe
inspires the soul
calms the nerves
causes laughter and tears

Poetry does all of that
and it makes me whole.

1 comment:

Nessa said...

I think some people don't like poetry because it seems more intimate than some other writing.